Vincenzo worked at The Economist for one and a half year as Senior Software Architect. As a such, he was part of the main development team based in London, UK and liaising daily with the main team based over in New York, USA. When I jumped on board, the most famous migration to Drupal known to the community was still going on.
- Helped completing one of the biggest Economist.com’s technical goals of the recent years: the migration from a legacy ColdFusion-based publishing platform to a Drupal-based open source platform backed by a top-notch infrastructure consisting of multi-master/multi-slave MySQL database server, Varnish, Memcache, etc.;
- Designed and coded the new Drupal import procedure for articles coming from the print edition;
- Designed and coded the new, Varnish-aware, Paywall;
- Helped with designing internal APIs;
- Enabled SSL Proxy support;
- Created a new CCK field for SWF files;